- Only senior Cancer Biology PhD students can apply.
- A student may receive only one travel grant during the doctoral studies at ETHZ/UZH.
- Maximum sum of reimbursement is 1’000 CHF.
- Only travel costs (economy class flights and 2nd class railway tickets), accommodation, registration fees for congresses, meetings, symposia, workshops or courses can be reimbursed.
- Students are required to actively contribute to the meeting (poster, talk etc.) except in the case of visits of advanced courses or lab visits.
- Deadlines for applications are: 15 January/1 May/1 September.
- Only applications to meetings/symposiums/courses, which take place after the application deadline, will be considered (no past meeting!)
- Reimbursements will be made after the journey upon receipt of the original tickets.
- Recipients of the CB travel grant should include the CB and the LSGZG logo on their presentation or poster.
- The selection committee is composed of 2 PI’s, a senior PhD student and the program coordinator.
- Only applications received prior to the deadlines and which are complete will be considered.
- Applications need to be signed by the PhD student and the supervisor.
- All due thesis proposals/progress reports must have been submitted and thesis committee meetings must have taken place in the respective time frame.
- Relevance/importance of the meeting for the applicant’s project must be clear.
- Contribution of the PhD student to the Cancer Biology PhD program will be considered (for example: organization of students retreat, talks or seminars, public relation, social events, …).
- The decision of the Cancer Biology PhD program will be communicated to the applicant 3-4 weeks after submission of the application.
- Original travel tickets (e.g. boarding passes) and invoices must be handed in upon return.
- Three weeks after the travel a short summary of the attended meeting/course has to be submitted to the program coordinator of the Cancer Biology PhD program.